Law Enforcement Training Centre
The Lac La Biche County Law Enforcement Training Centre, located roughly 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, is dedicated to providing exceptional training to law enforcement personnel. From professional development for existing personnel to training new Peace Officers, we regularly offer training to help you become the best of the best in law enforcement.
Our instructors deliver training in the following areas:
- Emergency vehicle operations;
- Situational communication and de-escalation;
- Use of force, including assessing situations and appropriate tactics;
- RADAR and LiDAR for speed measurement;
- Physical fitness and Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) testing;
- Mental health awareness and resilience for first responders;
- Commercial vehicle-specific training for law enforcement personnel; and
- Safe firearm use.
Our flagship programs include:
- Community Peace Officer Induction Program, a 12-week program designed to give recruits all of the skills required to immediately start working as a Peace Officer.
- Bylaw Enforcement Officer Induction Program, a new program designed to give recruits all of the skills required to immediately start working as a Bylaw Officer.
As of Fall 2023, we have trained over 850 people from across Canada.
In addition, we regularly partner with law enforcement agencies to meet their training needs. If you're interested in discussing how the Law Enforcement Training Centre can partner with your organization, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lac La Biche County Law Enforcement Training Centre is located in the hamlet of Lac La Biche, Alberta within the Protective Services Building at 9110 Beaverhill Road.